This is a rant so be prepared to be offended. I'm not going to single out people or organizations entirely, but I will make it obvious as to who they are. I feel that what I'm about to say is true, so if you disagree I really won't judge you.
Anyway.
During high school I met a lot of kids who were into the same music and "lifestyle" that I'm into. From kids rolling around with Slipknot tees, rocking out to Rob Zombie, skating or hanging around the tattoo parlour - they existed in some form or the other.
This was encouraging, because I really felt that all the negativity shown towards the scene was overblown. Bands and gig organisers would always complain about lack of support and what not and it never really made any sense to me.
Until I started to go gigs regularly. It was then that I noticed and realised that their complaints were valid. Because it was always the same faces I'd see. (Ok, so occansionly some doods would just pop by, but then they left after an hour or less.)
When I saw shit like this asked myself the question: "what do all these kids I see do that keeps them away from the very scene they claim to be a part of?"
But its obvious really, the moral standards of people in this town are atrocious. And have been so for a while. People in this town (well a majority) just seem to be drifting.
Drifting into a lifestyle of house music and pseudo- gangsterism. This leaves no place for the our scene to exist and grow.
So instead these kids who were once into kickflips and metal, have succomed to the um... Shit. I really have no name for it...
Sorry about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment